What actions utilize your gifts? Commit to doing three (3) over the course of this year as a covenanted member of the New Prophetic Sisterhood.
- WRITE — UUWF blog guest posts, social media posts, letters to editor, op-ed pieces, essays, etc.
- PREACH — Preach a sermon on women/girls or bring a gender lens to some topic. Share your sermon on the New Prophetic Sisterhood website/Facebook page.
- ADVOCATE AND WITNESS — Engage in public witness and advocacy on issues affecting women and girls on the local or national level, within and beyond Unitarian Universalism.
- VOLUNTEER — Volunteer with a community organization the impacts the lives of women and girls, e.g. health (pastoral care at women’s clinic), economic issues, girls’ education, domestic violence shelters, rape crisis centers, etc.
- SHARE — Share resources and commentary on movies, books, and articles with your colleagues.
- MENTOR —
- Support young women in your congregation/community, e.g. classes, groups, retreats.
- Support and mentor women who are in seminary or in the UU professional credentialing processes.
- COLLABORATE — Engage in women’s interfaith activities and actions.
- LEARN — Commit to broadening your own knowledge by educating yourself in an area that’s a growing edge — e.g. gender diversity, global women’s issues, women’s history.
- RAISE VISIBILITY — Promote and lift up the creative work of women in your congregation’s liturgy, e.g. music, dance, literature, etc.
You will be invited to complete a self-reflection at the end of the year, sharing what you’ve done and the difference it’s made in your ministry.
Let’s get engaged, empowered, and energized to do shared ministry on behalf of women and girls!